Our employees are a skilled and dedicated group of professionals who serve more than 2,000 women each year. POWER is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
- UPMC Health Insurance
- United Concordia Dental Insurance
- Vision Benefits of America Vision Insurance
- Group Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance –Includes Spouse and/or Dependent coverage
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance – Includes Employee, Spouse &/or Dependent coverage
- Voluntary Group Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Group Critical Illness Insurance – Includes Employee, Spouse &/or Dependent coverage
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity Insurance – Includes Employee, Spouse &/or Dependent coverage
- Voluntary Group Short Term Disability Insurance
POWER makes available a voluntary employee directed retirement savings plan. POWER will match employee deferrals at 10% with no upper limit. Full- and part-time employees are eligible to participate after 6 months of employment.
Full- and part-time employees may qualify for up to $500 per 12-month period for reimbursement of educational expenses for completion of degrees, courses, and certificate programs which enhances their job performance at POWER.
designed to prepare employees to succeed and enhance their career
Confidential counseling program through 21st Century EAP provides up to four free sessions to employees and family members residing in the employee’s household.
Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU). Participation is 100% voluntary. Members may qualify for discounted interest rates when borrowing money & other various member benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
POWER believes that diversity, in the broadest sense, benefits everyone. It’s why we support multiple paths to recovery and strive for a racially diverse workforce. Treating every person with respect and dignity allows us to create a safe, inclusive space where all are welcome to recover, to work, and to thrive.
As a service provider and employer, POWER values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Accordingly, POWER does not in engage in discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic code, or other factor protected by law. POWER is an equal opportunity employer and provider
POWER’s Commitment to Antiracism
- Mission – POWER’s Antiracism Task Force is an action-oriented and supportive body that helps its leadership develop and live out an antiracist identity in all aspects of the organization.
- Vision – POWER aspires to be an antiracist organization and a leader in the community that is actively engaged in dismantling racism internally and in the wider community.
POWER’s hiring process is designed to be transparent, inclusive and efficient for all candidates, from applying online receiving an offer, here are our steps:
Effective January 1, 2022 all POWER colleagues are required to be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in the process of receiving their second dose of a primary series, or submit a negative COVID-19 test result weekly (only with approved medical or religious exemption).
Newly hired colleagues, hired after December 1, 2021, must have received, at a minimum, the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine by their hire date, or prior to providing any care, treatment, or other services for POWER and our clients.